Venues

Back
5 Florence Street
13
G5 0YX

Completed in 1894 by Glasgow architect Thomas L. Watson, 5 Florence Street is one of the few remaining pre-WWII buildings in the Gorbals. The façade features tympana that mix Pharaonic and Elizabethan masks and the segregated 'Boys' and 'Girls' entrances allude to its original use as the Adelphi Terrace School. 5 Florence Street has retained a civic function in Glasgow, latterly housing the City's College of Building and Printing. The property is undergoing a restoration to create a new home for creative organisations. Serving as both a communal space for tenants and interaction with the public, the large, light-filled gallery space will be at the heart of the new development.
www.toomuch.live

Exhibitions