10 Dumbreck Road
House for an Art Lover is an Art Nouveau-style building in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, based on a 1901 design by Scottish architects and designers Margaret MacDonald and Charles Rennie Mackintosh. Construction of the building began in 1989 on the initiative of civil engineer Graham Roxburgh, who had helped to refurbish the Mackintosh-designed interiors at Craigie Hall, just to the east of the park.
2014 saw the opening of Studio Pavilion at House for an Art Lover, a gallery and cluster of buildings designed by Glasgow’s ZM Architecture and linked to the Victorian walled garden. Studio Pavilion presents a varied public programme of exhibitions, events and workshops.
Once privately owned farmland, Bellahouston Park itself was acquired by the Glasgow Corporation in 1895 and opened to the public in 1896. In 1938, the park hosted the Empire Exhibition, organised by the Scottish Development Council as a celebration of British imperialism.