This year the festival will be a little bit different. We will be operating in a Covid safe way and have introduced free ticketing to some exhibitions to ensure there is plenty space for everyone and are managing capacity in-person at others.
Following the Scottish Government guidance, you can expect to see the following measures:
– reduced numbers of visitors at any one time
– clear signage to guide you safely
– changes to how you access toilets, lifts and stairs to ensure social distancing
– hand sanitiser at entrances
– regular and thorough cleaning of handles, rails, toilets and other contact areas (this may be happening during your visit)
– staff and visitors wearing face coverings while in public indoor spaces
Exhibitions in the Commissioned Programme and some in the Across the City Programme will be ticketed. The free tickets will be available on this site from 12 May and you must show them at the entrance of the venue to gain admission.
Those not marked as ticketed will be managing capacity at the entrance to the venue. There will be a QR code to scan which shares your data with the NHS Track and Trace programme, or if preferred it can be taken manually.
Capacities will be clearly indicated at the door. They have been determined in line with regulations and to ensure you can enjoy a relaxed, uncrowded visit. If you find the venue is at capacity, we ask you to queue patiently in a socially distanced manner until we are able to let you enter.
We hope that maintaining this more flexible approach to access to much of the Across the City Programme will allow those who have enjoyed a more spontaneous and flowing approach to GI in the past some of that experience, while remaining safe.
We will continue to monitor opening times, ticketing and safety measures and will update this website with any changes to the exhibitions.
If you or someone you know is experiencing Coronavirus Symptoms:
Stay at home if you’re experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 (these are listed on the NHS Inform Website) or if you’ve recently been in contact with someone who has Covid-19.
If you are unable to use your tickets because you are unwell please refer to information in your ticket confirmation to return your booked slots.
Please help us to keep everyone safe by following these measures:
• Use the hand sanitisers as you enter the building
• Wear a face covering at all times indoors
• Follow our directional signage
• Keep a safe distance between yourself, staff and other visitors not in your household/bubble
Everyone needs to wear a face covering as a condition of entry. Certain people are exempt from wearing a face covering and more information can be found here.
We ask you to travel light and keep all your belongings with you as there will not be cloakroom facilities. Prams and buggies remain welcome.
Toilets will be available in most locations. Please look for toilet symbol on the exhibition listing.